Handheld pulse oximeters can weight as little as a two ounces. They are
designed to be held by the hand during measurement but can also rest in an
optional docking station and act like a tabletop oximeter.
Neonate, Pediatric to Adult
- Handheld pulse oximeters sold by Turner Medical can work on
neonates, pediatrics and adult patients. All hand held oximeters come
with an adult clip sensor. You must purchase a
suitable sized sensor for neonate and pediatric applications.
Turner Medical does offer "sensor swaps" where the adult sensor can be
replaced with a comparable neonate/pediatric sensor.
- Handheld pulse oximeters have multiple
sensor options. Turner Medical carries a full line of reusable and
disposable sensors from neonate to adult that are compatible with handheld
- Turner Medical only sells oximeters with a manufacturer's
warranty. All handheld pulse oximeters sold by Turner Medical have at
least a two year warranty and have service centers in the United States.
- Handheld pulse oximeters provide accurate readings within seconds making
it the perfect device for spot checks on multiple patients.
No Nurse Call
- Handheld pulse oximeters do not have a nurse call option..
Sensor During Sleep -
Handheld oximeters can be used for sleep screenings but the sensor cable may
get tangled or fall off during moment while sleeping. We recommend
if alarms are not required for sleep studies.